414 Washington St.   Marion, Al. 36756     phone: 334-683-6318  fax: 334-683-4616
Publisher: Lorrie Rinehart       Editor: Daniel L. Bamberg       Advertising: Lisa Averett      Bookkeeper: Sheila Duncan
"We are the front lines of truth advocacy. Major media outlets have traded truth for sensationalism, and online news sites have no real legal concerns to keep them in check. Digital text is not ink. The community newspapers are left as the only legally challenged body of information. We cannot afford to lie. We cannot afford to be inaccurate. We are the last stand for freedom of the press. We are the last of the true journalists."

Wednesday, April 28

Rash of break-ins in Eoline / Pondville area

By Daniel L. Bamberg

Daniel@Centrevillepress.com

Over the past three weeks citizens in the areas of Pondville, Eoline and two of the most widely traveled roads around those areas Bear Creek Rd. and Ingate Pass have been alarmed.  A rash of burglary and burglary attempts have occurred in the area.

In most cases the break-ins have resulting in some sort of loss of property.  According to Bibb County Sheriff Keith Hannah these presumably stolen items include electronics, guns and games.  Hannah also explains that the eight break-ins which have occurred in the area of concern have all happened between late morning and mid-day. 

“These cases are still under investigation.  Warrants are in hand and we expect arrests to be forthcoming,” Hannah said.

In one particular incident a resident was alarmed to discover a man in the backyard holding a television set.  The home occupant shot at the suspected thief. 

Sheriff Hannah and his investigators believe that these break-ins are connected. 

If you have any information regarded this or any sort of crime you are encouraged to contact the Sheriff’s Office (205-926-4683).

2 comments:

  1. What? What's going on? Breakins? Meth Labs? Where is all this rampant crime coming from? We don't allow alcohol sales in this county and you just know alcohol alone causes all of this. (Sarcasm intended)I thought none of this is supposed to happen since we are dry.

    Also it sure is mighty convenient for there to be a front page story in the press about a house party being raided in MARION 2 weeks before a wet/dry vote. Thanks for showing me the evils of alcohol. I have never hardly heard or read anything at least in a good while about anything like that. Strange for it to happen now.

    Somebody explain to me also this hypothesis that anywhere that goes wet that crime skyrockets also because of it and it alone. Mr. Pearson claims that in his recent letter to the editor. Let's see Montevallo is wet just for one example. They sell alcohol and I have never had to dodge any bullets when I go there. I don't see any bodies Lying in the streets or blood running into the gutters on the streets. I am sure they have crime just as we do, But more because they are able to sell alcohol? Sure there are some high crime areas anywhere and in Alabama but is that just because of alcohol alone? Oh I'm sorry I guess I am just a low life scum criminal myself because I drink beer according to Mr. Pearson and others around here. I am confident and have faith that the decency of the law abiding citizens of Bibb County will prevail even if there were to be alcohol sales anywhere here.

    Well Sarcasm aside and to get back on subject, I am glad the resident was able to shoot at them and defend themselves and their property. Too bad they missed it sounds like. Hopefully our Sheriff's dept will catch the people doing this soon. I can not stand a thief. Who am I to be talking though? I am a criminal also possibly worse than them because I drink beer in my home.(Sarcasm very much intended) Hopefully these thieves don't drink alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be wrong but the story about the raid was printed because it involved 12 citizens of Bibb County out of the 15 arrests. I am certain that is news in this small town. It had nothing to do with any Centreville Press bias.
    Hasn't the author of that story already been publicly outed as a wet supporter? Wow, the press gets accused of bias again but nothing of this "anonymous" accuser's assumption.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog